Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Promises we make to ourselves

I made a promise to myself that I would blog today.

I hadn't thought about what to write, so here I am.

And now I'm wondering about the promises we should make to ourselves. How on purpose are we about the promises we should make to ourselves? Would it just be that easy? I promise myself.....and then we I would hold myself accountable to it?

I'm going to steal promises that we make to customers and employees - I'm going to just throw them out there - as a starting point for promises I need to make to myself.
  1. I promise to respect, value and encourage your opinion.
  2. I promise to be welcoming, respectful, and inclusive.
  3. I promise to enpower you, enable you, and help you grow.
  4. I promise to recognize and develop you.
  5. I promise to listen to you, resolve your issues, and take action.
Seems like a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment