Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Top 5 Ways to Piss Me Off

I often think life would be a lot easier if we could give everyone that we interact with a handbook on us. One of my life's goals is to actually be able to know myself well enough that I could write such a handbook. 

Last night, as I repeated, "Go to bed." for the umpteenth time to my kids, I thought, "Wow. Repeating myself sure makes me mad." Then, instead of making my kids go to bed, I asked them to join me in coming up with this list. It will be useful when I get around to writing that handbook.
  1. Make me repeat myself.
  2. Scold me or stomp on my energy.
  3. Be disrepectful (this especially applies to my children).
  4. I know this is a dumb one, but drive slow when I'm in a hurry. I'm not a huge speeder but I think it's kind of a rule that you should drive 5 miles over the speed limit.
  5. Generally be a downer: whine, complain, blame, be bored.
What would be in your chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment