Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

An Angel Scrubbing My Floor???

Do you ever feel like you're in the presence of an angel? I used to really NOT like the whole idea of angels. Then, over the last few years, I've had encounters with people that have left me after feeling like I was just in the presence of an angel. Yesterday, I had one of them.

It was one of those times where you feel like so many things aligned that you couldn't possible believe that it was a coincidence: 
  • I brought a Groupon over a year ago for housecleaning. I was going to use it to get my townhouse cleaned when I moved out.
  • I didn't use it.
  • It expired.
  • I call the company and asked if they would extend it for me.
  • They graciously said, "Yes."
  • I had to book my appointment 3 months in advance and I promptly forgot about it.
  • I got a call yesterday morning to remind me that they were going to clean my house that afternoon.
  • I rushed home. A woman arrived.
  • I started to talk to her.
Well, we talked for the ENTIRE time she was here. 
  • We talked about our daughters and how they frustrate us in the same ways.
  • We said the same, atypical words at the same time.
  • We shared the same fundamental life perspectives. It was haunting. It brought tears to my eyes.
  • She was tattooed with stars and she said one of them stood for existence because she always like that word.
  • And so much more.
By the time she left, I only felt that I couldn't let her just walk out of my life. We weren't done. I told her that she couldn't just leave. We were meant to stay in contact. We exchanged information. We hugged.

I smiled when I walked back into the house. An angel was just here.

Don't let the angels walk out of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment