Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Giving, taking and sharing moments

People talk about getting balance in their life. The notion of balance is definitely not a "point in time" notion. It's like playing the Wii Fit balance games - it's about how well you handle the back and forth, left and right, and the rare right in the middle moments.
  • I was walking in the woods with my kids and my son (12) grabbed my hand and walked with me for a while hand in hand. He was giving me a moment and I took it.
  • I stopped Arnau (the man that keeps our cafeteria presentable) by stepping on the cord to the vacuum cleaner because I knew he would laugh when he turned to see it was me. I gave a moment and he took it.
  • I asked my daughter, "Pink or purple?" She said, "Purple." Three seconds passed. We both looked at each other and said at the same time, "What about purple or blue? I'd have a hard time with that." We laughed. We shared the moment.
I feel like I've been taking a lot of moments lately. I've been amazed at the generosity of people. I try to give myself credit for the moments that I'm giving and I cherish the moments I'm sharing and I'm right in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment