Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What are you leaving in hearts?

"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."

It might sound odd but I like to go to cemeteries. I feel like they represent the "boiled down" version of a person's life; the recap, the summary, the last whisper of what they were and how others see them. 


.......how others see them. Notice, that phrase isn't in the past tense.


What are we, if not what is left behind in the hearts and minds of those we leave behind?


I believe that it's the ONLY thing we are.

And yet, I believe it's NONE of what we are.
 

Me: You shouldn't care what others think. What others think of you is none of your business. The only reality that exists is the one in your mind.
Me, again: Yes, but part of how I want to show up in life is about how I interact with others, what I am to them. When my mind no longer exists, theirs will carry who I was.


                      Which camp are you in? 
                                                               To care or not to care?


No comments:

Post a Comment